•  
  • Start New Topic
  • Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Google Log In with Steam      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo

ACE3 officially announced !

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 PhantomDot1

PhantomDot1
  • DG| 2nd Lieutenant |2LT
  • 1,638 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 02 April 2015 - 07:18 AM

POPULAR

ACE3-Logo_600px.png

Today we are excited to announce ACE3, a proud merger between the ACE2, AGM and CSE teams. Through a collaborative effort over the last few months we have merged these groups into one solid development team devoted to creating the most comprehensive and realistic gameplay experience for Arma 3. Taking the strong points from each of the previous modifications our goal is to deliver a modular, open system designed to support unified development in the Arma community. We are devoted to NOT reinventing the wheel, finding the best solutions, and bringing them to one place, while also fostering a development environment that promotes stability and performance.

This mod is entirely open-source (we are hosted on GitHub and we will be providing the link soon), and everyone is free to propose changes or maintain their own, customized version as long as they make their changes open to the public in accordance with the GNU General Public License.

ACE3 is built modularly, thus a team can maintain its own tailored version, excluding a select number of components that they don't like, or which conflict with other addons. Larger components themselves, like the medical system and other core features also include various customization options, allowing mission designers and communities to tweak the overall experience.

Going Forward - ACE3 is currently under heavy development, and is close to reaching its initial release goals. We are currently planning on releasing these offerings to the public after the Marksman DLC becomes final, meaning a rough estimate can be made for our release sometime this month. We have already begun developing against the new expansion, and expect to be able to keep this timeline. Source code and Git access for preview and collaboration will be available prior to the public release.

Further information, teasers, trailers, details and bananas will be released in the days and weeks to come! Never fear - ACE3 will be in your hands soon.

Signed,
The ACE Team

Core Features
  • Completely new 3D Interaction/Action System
  • Performance and reliability framework
  • Focus on modularity and customization
  • New flexible client and server settings & configuration
  • Improved medical system with various levels (Basic/Advanced) focus on gameplay/realism
  • Proper & consistent network synced weather
  • Wind and Weather Advanced Ballistics
  • Captivity System
  • Explosives System including different trigger types
  • Map screen improvements, marker placement and map tools
  • Advanced missile guidance and laser designation

Additional Features
  • Carrying and dragging
  • Realistic names for vehicles and weapons
  • Realistic ballistics/FCS calculated in C/C++ extensions
  • Backblast and overpressure simulation
  • A fire control system for armored vehicles and helicopters
  • Disposable launchers
  • Realistic G-forces
  • Vehicle Locking
  • Realistic Night and Thermal vision modes
  • Magazine repacking
  • Realistic weapon heating
  • Combat deafness simulation
  • Improved Ragdoll Physics
  • Improved interactions for AARs and ammo bearers
  • Adjustable sniper scopes
  • No Idle Animation with lowered weapon
  • No talking player Avatar
  • Jumping over obstacles, climbing over walls and cutting down fences
  • Vector, MicroDAGR and Kestrel devices

... and much more

Source: http://forums.bistud...796#post2910796

Looks like this is gonna add a whole new dimension of reality to arma 3, awesome !

Maybe this is good for the coop vs ai thing @Sykopaten @Next_Generation @Mr Hanky .

Edited by PhantomDot1, 02 April 2015 - 07:20 AM.

Posted Image

#2 Mr Hanky

Posted 02 April 2015 - 07:49 AM

I need to get some work on this, since im a complete noob at mods and stuff hehe
Posted Image

#3 Sykopaten

Sykopaten
  • DG| Sergeant Major |SGM
  • 368 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 02 April 2015 - 11:10 AM

Oh that looks kinda nice ^^

I will definitely have a look and try the mod when it comes out!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 Next_Generation

Next_Generation
  • DG| General |GEN
  • 2,797 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 02 April 2015 - 01:18 PM

Got a few weeks to get some time in on this before GTA drops. :-)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5 Escapenz

Escapenz
  • Users
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 05:03 AM

So a new mod for me to play and have no idea of how or what 99% of the stuff is or does :D Prefect

#6 PhantomDot1

PhantomDot1
  • 1,638 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 05 April 2015 - 05:19 AM

A new trailer showcasing missiles n shit :) :

Looking awesome as was ACE 2 !

Posted Image

#7 Escapenz

Escapenz
  • Users
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 07:09 AM

-_- i thought we already had this stuff in the game. I really need to read up on aram again xD Still looks sick. Can't wait to fly around in my jet a blow everyone sky high :D after i remember how to fly jets..... :'(

#8 PhantomDot1

PhantomDot1
  • 1,638 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 05 April 2015 - 09:22 AM

-_- i thought we already had this stuff in the game. I really need to read up on aram again xD Still looks sick. Can't wait to fly around in my jet a blow everyone sky high :D after i remember how to fly jets..... :'(

It looks like specifically the mechanics are reworked with the mod. The things like attack choppers and the launcher shown are indeed already in the game.
Posted Image

#9 Escapenz

Escapenz
  • Users
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 02:49 AM

so i can fly around in them now and blow ppl up now   make friend with them.....?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

')
Change Theme!