•  
  • Start New Topic
  • Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Google Log In with Steam      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo

Anyone have ModMic?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 MinnyMaus

Posted 28 June 2015 - 08:50 PM

I'm curious about ModMic, it seems like a great concept as I'm very against "gaming headsets" and prefer good quality stereo headphones + standalone mic. Anyone have any experience with these microphones? 

http://www.modmic.com/

1310245665-0cafd8f926b864b3df36917f1f8b4

#2 Stevo

Posted 29 June 2015 - 05:19 AM

I have used this setup in the past. The one i used was basically a standalone mic just attached to your headset. Imo, you might as well get a gaming headset. But i like having a standalone with high quality headset better. I had a yeti pro but turned out to be a bad egg so im waiting for bestbuy to get more in to pick up my replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deadly Gaming is the place to be. It is common sense really.
Posted Image

#3 MinnyMaus

Posted 29 June 2015 - 07:49 AM

I have used this setup in the past. The one i used was basically a standalone mic just attached to your headset. Imo, you might as well get a gaming headset. But i like having a standalone with high quality headset better. I had a yeti pro but turned out to be a bad egg so im waiting for bestbuy to get more in to pick up my replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm how's the mic quality? I've pretty much retired from streaming so my AT2020USB is taking up desk space lol

#4 Stevo

Posted 29 June 2015 - 08:21 AM

the add on mic seemed about the same of my current headset (logitech g630). I will have to look to see what brand I had, don't think it was the same brand as you listed but they don't seem to be much different. But the difference is always in the headset you attach them to. Nothing can beat some good audio technicas. 

Deadly Gaming is the place to be. It is common sense really.
Posted Image

#5 Vissari

Vissari

Sir

• DG| Sergeant Major |SGM
  • 851 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 29 June 2015 - 12:17 PM

I have a mod mic currently, version 4.0. I love it because I can have what's considered the best mid range headphones by audio professionals (audio technica M50s will beat any gaming headphones to a pulp) with a great mic, so I don't have to compensate. I've bought many headsets in the past, and the issue was always either the mic was good and the headset meh, or the other way around. A headset that was great with both was typically overpriced for my taste and wasn't great to take with me to set and post houses. It was a win win for me. The only downside I found was that with certain motherboards using a particular audio codec, the mic would be too quiet, but buying a $3 usb sound card on Amazon fixed that.

If you want an idea of how the mic sounds, you can watch the latest GamePls I posted :P

Edited by Vissari, 29 June 2015 - 12:19 PM.

#6 MinnyMaus

Posted 29 June 2015 - 01:26 PM

the add on mic seemed about the same of my current headset (logitech g630). I will have to look to see what brand I had, don't think it was the same brand as you listed but they don't seem to be much different. But the difference is always in the headset you attach them to. Nothing can beat some good audio technicas.

Okay ;D thanks stevo

I have a mod mic currently, version 4.0. I love it because I can have what's considered the best mid range headphones by audio professionals (audio technica M50s will beat any gaming headphones to a pulp) with a great mic, so I don't have to compensate. I've bought many headsets in the past, and the issue was always either the mic was good and the headset meh, or the other way around. A headset that was great with both was typically overpriced for my taste and wasn't great to take with me to set and post houses. It was a win win for me. The only downside I found was that with certain motherboards using a particular audio codec, the mic would be too quiet, but buying a $3 usb sound card on Amazon fixed that.

If you want an idea of how the mic sounds, you can watch the latest GamePls I posted

O_O that's the modmic? Remember o made a comment about how you sounded different? Pretty good quality!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

')
Change Theme!