•  
  • Start New Topic
  • Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Google Log In with Steam      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo

My thoughts on CS:GO have made a 180 from last year.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 Stevo

Posted 07 July 2015 - 08:33 AM

So I have been wanting to get into CSGO so many times over the years and I have just never been able to make it click. I have tried, got frustrated that every round just exits the barrel at a 45 degree angle and so on. I still get some spots here and there where I see blood spray even on a wall but get 0 hits. But recently something really clicked. I went to play a Competitive match a few weeks ago on Dust II. We lost by 1 round but I had a blast! The ehole team was communicating, they understood it was my first real csgo match and they helped me out a ton. But then, they implimented the ranking system making it where you could not pay competitive until you reached level 3 by playing the other casual modes which I HATED! I groaned the whole way to level 3. Then immediately jumped into CSGO competitive. We lost. BAD. Like 7/16 bad. And I realised something, the level 3 thing was implemented to not only try and cut down on smurfing, but to get you used to gunplay and mechanics for competitive. Kiljoy also shed light on playing Dust II is that it is the most played map with the most trolls. So I switched to Mirage and it was like a new world. I tried playing comp again yesterday. And something great happened. We won. The whole team was working together and we got it done. I got top man on our team and 2nd place overall by 4 points. k/d was not the best but I had fun. Then today, I tried it again. And we wont again. We DOMINATED. I got top of the scoreboard too. And I am finally enjoying the game. The only thing I am hating right now is that if you are unranked and going for your 10 wins. You can only win 2 times per day and it puts you on a 21-24 hour placement ban to properly assess you to rank you way more accurately. I think it is crap that I have to play 5 days to do it but there is nothing to be done. 

So if anyone was like me and didn't like the game that much and want someone to help you grind out those 3 levels, my Steam info is in my signature. 

Frag on!

First Win

6a31b41e3610dd5a0abc7a2c1b724eee.png

Second Win

5469a21ce3d16dc73edf97e69909a471.png

Deadly Gaming is the place to be. It is common sense really.
Posted Image

#2 Spence

Spence
  • Users
  • 170 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 11:50 AM

Stevo you are a monster haha. Yea I really enjoy Csgo myself. I was just like you at first really couldn't get into the game and didn't understand gun mechanics at all (was stuck in the call of duty mind set). Now after really investing some good time into Csgo b I don't think I could or would ever play cod again. Enjoy the fun when you can that game makes me rage a lot.

Edited by Spence, 07 July 2015 - 11:50 AM.

#3 Stevo

Posted 14 July 2015 - 07:28 AM

UPDATE! Finally got my 10 wins after waiting 4 days worth of cooldowns and go placed in my first ever rank!!!!!!!!!!

d47b70812856e324e1f4f0d9c21caa24.png

Deadly Gaming is the place to be. It is common sense really.
Posted Image

#4 ninjabuddha

ninjabuddha
  • Users
  • 376 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 12:37 PM

Congrats!! nice rank  :)

Posted Image

#5 MinnyMaus

Posted 16 July 2015 - 10:14 AM

Grats stevo! I can't play csgo for shit lol gun gameeee forever..

1310245665-0cafd8f926b864b3df36917f1f8b4

#6 Sykopaten

Sykopaten
  • DG| Sergeant Major |SGM
  • 368 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 17 July 2015 - 08:31 AM

Grats with rank! ^^ Nice to see you finally like it to! :D

Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 Legacy

Legacy
  • DG| Lance Corporal |LCPL
  • 124 posts
  • LocationEdmonton,AB Canada
  • Company:1st Company
  • Platoon:3rd Platoon
  • Games:CS:GO, Diablo 3, L4D 2, Starcraft 2

Posted 01 November 2015 - 07:00 PM

Congrates on your rank, I enjoy deathmatching right now, might try ranked in time to see what i get once i feel better about how i play :D

#8 FurY

Posted 02 November 2015 - 01:41 PM

Congratulations mate! CS;GO is really frustraing sometimes when it comes to soloQ :( with one friend or maybe even a 3 or 5stack it's way more fun and way easier to coordinate stuff while playing the game itself D: 

#9 Invisabit

Invisabit
  • DG| Major |MJR
  • 1,571 posts
  • LocationSouth Dakota, USA
  • Games:DayZ, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Black Ops 2, Call of Duty 4, Diablo 3, Dota 2, L4D 2, League of Legends, Minecraft, Starcraft 2

Steam Profile

Posted 02 November 2015 - 02:48 PM

Congrates on your rank, I enjoy deathmatching right now, might try ranked in time to see what i get once i feel better about how i play :D

Please don't post in old posts. Thanks!

/locked

Posted Image

"My name will bring fear at the gates of hell"

IMPOSSIBLE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

')
Change Theme!