•  
  • Start New Topic
  • Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Google Log In with Steam      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo

Should I get standalone or modded Day Z?

dayz arma2 mod standalone

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Dr. K

Dr. K
  • DG| Gamer |GMR
  • 2 posts
  • Games:CS:GO, Minecraft

Posted 07 February 2016 - 03:30 PM

I've been asking around recently, whether I should get the Standalone version of DayZ or the modded version. I'm trying to find different perspectives on the topic and since, I assume, that all the comparisons I've found are a little outdated, I'm relying to different forums. Seeing that some of you guys play DayZ, I was hoping to get you all's opinion.

#2 Apachekid

Posted 07 February 2016 - 04:43 PM

I like DayZ haven't played it in a while but when I did it was fun. Having a modded version is cool as well but it's really what you like to do if you feel like you want to mod then get the modded version but if you don't feel like you will use mods then get the standolone version.

#3 thegamebdc

Posted 08 February 2016 - 02:49 PM

POPULAR

get standalone alot of new things coming soon,like the new renderer will be out by end of feb

come check out my stream www.twitch.tv/thegamebdc

#4 Josh

Josh
  • DG| 2nd Lieutenant |2LT
  • 1,300 posts
  • Nickname:Josh
  • Games:Arma 2, Arma 3, DayZ, Battlefield 3, CS:GO, Dota 2, League of Legends, Minecraft, Red Orchestra 2, Rust

Steam Profile

Posted 08 February 2016 - 04:14 PM

This is IN MY OWN OPINION

Well i guess it depends Im gonna say that DayZ SA has more of a survival then its counter part dayZ mod i guess its just how you feel about it.

DayZ mod is Really fun to me as you can do so many things on it without having to worry to much finding things and the Servers are usally heavily modified for the server to run missions like medical outpost crashed heles and many more theres been alot thats gone into the mods for sure and different things to do in it and many vehicles to get or choose from and pvp or pve can be fun on. base building is also been changed a few times now alot of things you could do for bases. skybases, towers and even building in loot areas(if aloud on the server) you choose how you want to build. you can be a hero or bandit based on your humanity and who you kill. theres different types of skins you could have. This is just a few things you can do or the jist of it i guess just depends on what sever and what DayZ mod you are into like Epoch or Origins or overwatch.

Now onto DayZ Standalone: i havent played in a while so if things are missing just add it in.

DayZ SA Is more on the Survival aspect of the game and having to watch your back wether it be Zombies or another player some things you can do other then going and running for a while is planting seeds and growing plants.  you can fish  theres different weapons and how its managed. you think have a wear meter where things are pristine and ruined. things that are ruined have no use unless you have   like a sewing kit (correct me on that) and once certain things that get ruined will not be able to be used like mags or bullets. you always have to watch your person to see if there hungy, thirsty sick, dying ect.

Basicly DayZ Mod is for fun  DayZ SA is for more of a survival feel

DayZ mod is done 

DayZ SA is still in Alpha and doing updates all the time

DayZ mod cost alot less then DayZ SA

You choose.

Edited by Josh, 08 February 2016 - 04:15 PM.

Posted Image

#5 ARTofSOUND

ARTofSOUND
  • DG| Sergeant Major |SGM
  • 482 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 09 February 2016 - 05:47 AM

thats a choise you have to make...

both have theire up and downsides...

i like both of them, but if you realy want to go for survival then i would recomend SA...
if you like building bases and stuff like that i would recomend moded dayz...

but if you made a choise send me a message and we can play some together.

also,
if you have ARMA3 i would recomend you to play BREAKINGPOINT(mod) on there.
a few of us already play it and it would be fun to have a big group once again...

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#6 ImakePOPTARTS

ImakePOPTARTS

Some call me Kyle, Most call me Tarts

• DG| Major |MJR
  • 1,874 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 09 February 2016 - 01:58 PM

Arma 3 Breaking Point Basically gives you the DayZ experience, with a few classes, and 40 more FPS than you would get playing standard Arma 3... Can't play Standalone cause of the frame dips.

Posted Image

#7 thegamebdc

Posted 10 February 2016 - 05:40 AM

Anybody try the desolation mod for Arma 3 a lot like the old dayz mod

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

#8 Josh

Josh
  • DG| 2nd Lieutenant |2LT
  • 1,300 posts
  • Nickname:Josh
  • Games:Arma 2, Arma 3, DayZ, Battlefield 3, CS:GO, Dota 2, League of Legends, Minecraft, Red Orchestra 2, Rust

Steam Profile

Posted 12 February 2016 - 02:37 PM

@ImakePOPTARTS Finally talking about something other then Smite O_o  haha anyways its all on preference the choice is your from other members experience  :)

Posted Image

#9 thegamebdc

Posted 05 March 2016 - 10:23 PM

I've been asking around recently, whether I should get the Standalone version of DayZ or the modded version. I'm trying to find different perspectives on the topic and since, I assume, that all the comparisons I've found are a little outdated, I'm relying to different forums. Seeing that some of you guys play DayZ, I was hoping to get you all's opinion.

what did you end up doing?

#10 MACHO MAN

MACHO MAN
  • Users
  • 61 posts
  • LocationGeorgia
  • Games:Arma 3, CS:GO, Diablo 3, Minecraft, Rust

Posted 24 April 2016 - 12:36 PM

POPULAR

I'd really like Day Z SA now, because that new patch (.60) seems like they're actually trying to fix the game and improve, and I'd be willing to support, but I have no moneys unfortunately.

Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers

#11 Kosmonautilus

Kosmonautilus
  • Banned
  • 19 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Games:Arma 2, Arma 3, DayZ, Battlefield 4, CS:GO, Diablo 3, L4D 2, Minecraft, Path of Exile, Red Orchestra 2, Rust, Starcraft 2

Posted 16 September 2016 - 10:50 PM

Personally, I'd go with DayZ Mod. Only because I'm a hipster nerd that likes having FPS and also not having broken legs 24/7 from the stair demons.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dayz, arma2, mod, standalone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

')
Change Theme!