•  
  • Start New Topic
  • Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Google Log In with Steam      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo

My hobby...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Quinton

Quinton
  • DG| Gamer |GMR
  • 23 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 27 April 2016 - 12:08 PM

POPULAR

hey guys...

soo i just wanna know what people think of my hobby and if they have tips/ideas for me to improve on...soo i do youtube for fun still really new like 96subs...but yea make gameplay videos on a few stuff...mostly LOL because thats the only thing that does good for me...and also something i thought of...but not sure if that would eba llowed like changing my name to deadly gaming or something similar and like see if it helps the clan get a few extra members?....just something i thought of...

But anyway thank you and drop a few suggestions if u can. !

Oops forgot my link https://www.youtube....eJnHN9qHpfmE_3g

Edited by Quinton, 27 April 2016 - 12:12 PM.

Oorah To Ashes

#2 MACHO MAN

MACHO MAN
  • Users
  • 61 posts
  • LocationGeorgia
  • Games:Arma 3, CS:GO, Diablo 3, Minecraft, Rust

Posted 25 May 2016 - 10:14 AM

DG could always use some more members! I'd reread the guidelines on it though.

Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers

#3 MACHO MAN

MACHO MAN
  • Users
  • 61 posts
  • LocationGeorgia
  • Games:Arma 3, CS:GO, Diablo 3, Minecraft, Rust

Posted 25 May 2016 - 10:20 AM

Also doing YouTube just make sure you let the viewers see what you see. Edit it, brighten it up, maybe even circle some things to make sure that they see the person or thing you're looking at if you are, say, in DayZ looking through a scope. Don't forget to have fun and really enjoy it, yknow? Other than that, good luck mang! consider me subbed

Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers

#4 Vissari

Vissari

Sir

• DG| Sergeant Major |SGM
  • 851 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 25 May 2016 - 02:30 PM

POPULAR

There's general things to keep in mind if one is trying to get anywhere on YouTube, typically they are just general concepts as there are no clear cut path to success (it's a huge amount of blind luck)

1. Branding: develop a way to make your videos stand out from the pack, lots of people upload gameplay but the ones that get views are the ones that do something with it creatively

2. Length: when starting out, keep videos short and to the point, once you get a following (with views per video, not subscribers) you can start branching into longer videos. (I recommend no more than 6 minutes)

3. Edit edit edit. This helps branding a lot. Unless you are exceptionally good at a game and people want to watch you 'do your thing' to learn from you (think someone doing a tough raid, going 40-0, something at the highest difficulty etc etc) you're gonna want to cut down your video and develop pacing in it. Have the video flow naturally so that it brings moments of excitement, then a moment to breathe. This especially helps later on with longer videos. Poor pacing is what makes people stop watching.

4. Learn better editing programs and photoshop. Photoshop is absolutely essential for thumbnails, which again go back to developing your brand. Learning a better editing program also gives you better tools to add style to your video. Start with Adobe Premiere.

5. Be aware of competitors and market trends. For example, I wouldn't try to launch an over watch gameplay channel right now, people who already have a following are doing the exact same thing. A good way to get footing is to find a game with a player base, that you're good at, that doesn't have a strong YouTube presense. A lot of you tubers got places by covering games before other people did. Don't be part of the supply, be part of the demand. Even if it is a popular game. Do something new with it. Beat it using only a dancepad, new mods, speed runs etc.

6. Post with a schedule, have a set time and day to post videos and stick with it. Consistency keeps people around.

Edited by Vissari, 25 May 2016 - 02:40 PM.

#5 Kakkoi

Kakkoi
  • DG| Warrant Officer |WO
  • 345 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 06:55 PM

Nice just subscribed

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

')
Change Theme!