•  
  • Start New Topic
  • Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Google Log In with Steam      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo

My New PC (A Bitter Sweet Story)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ninja

Posted 04 December 2016 - 10:12 AM

So here are the pics for my MONSTER PC the bitter sweet story follows the pictures 

1e58563e72290e677000f19bdfedbab6.jpg6d1a3fcab252836a8858c5ce75ecf2f5.jpg

alright now for the bitter sweet part so i spent most of the morning sat putting this thing together then tried to boot it and it wouldnt boot nothing at all so i did some diagnosing and found one of my awesome custom red cables was shorted to ground causing the PSU to default to a fail safe replaced that cable with a normal black cable that came with the PSU and tada it fires right up then i go into the bios to start OC the cpu/ ram and notice that im only showing 50gb of ram (should have 64gb) awesome right next i figure i must have either a bad ram sticks or ram slots on my board so i start testing one by by one each ram card and slot and of course wouldnt you know it everytime i restart the computer after swapping in different ram i get a different not repeatable boot sequence sometimes it throws a random error code sometimes it goes into a boot loop sometimes it just black screens and does nothing, and sometimes it boots right up to the bios and displays how much ever ram is installed up to 32gb so at this point without being able to repeat any thing i have no idea whats actually the problem so i figured screw it ill install windows using a stable 16gb of ram and see what that gets me well here is another problem every time i go in and tell it to boot from my bootable usb of windows 10 it will display the boot log then the windows log then go into a boot loop so im totally lost spent all day and night last night on this thing and have gotten nowhere planning on spending the majority of today on it as well but for now i have a very expensive very well lite led paper weight....smh   

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Eastw00d

Eastw00d
  • Users
  • 1,104 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Games:Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Black Ops 2, Ghosts, Call of Duty 4, CS:GO, L4D 2, Rust

Posted 04 December 2016 - 11:23 AM

Awesome rig indeed, too bad its not working yet, you'll figure it out . :D

Posted Image

#3 Ninja

Posted 06 December 2016 - 10:50 PM

ok so i got it up and running all be it only on 32gbs of ram however my replacement parts should arrive soon 

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 Vissari

Vissari

Sir

• DG| Sergeant Major |SGM
  • 851 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 06 December 2016 - 11:07 PM

Good to hear that it's all up and running

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users