•  
  • Start New Topic
  • Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Google Log In with Steam      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo

DriveTribe

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PhantomDot1

PhantomDot1
  • DG| 2nd Lieutenant |2LT
  • 1,637 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 01 January 2017 - 04:46 PM

_2m_GCe6.jpg

I recently found out about this new website called DriveTribe.

It basically is some sort of 'social media platform' for car lovers and motorheads, created by James May, Jeremy Clarkson and Richard Hammond. It's about pretty much anything which has at least two wheels and an engine to power it.

The idea is that after you created your account, you subscribe to so-called 'tribes'. The settings of each 'tribe' determine who can post in them and who can join them etc, but some default ones allow anyone to join them. These tribes have a set 'theme' or subject, and on that subject share stories, opinional pieces, info about the vehicles, specs, that sort of thing.

IRL I am not really that much busy with cars yet, since I dont own my own vehicle yet, but I do love to play sim racing games and I follow some racing series, so when I stumbled across this I figured I'd give it a go. It is pretty neat actually, it has some tribes created by e.g. Mark Webber and Damon Hill about porsche and about how drivers experience things around races and development of the car etc. It has plenty of other tribes as well, about car brands, stretches of road which are really nice to maybe sometime visit, about drifting, about motor cycles, vintage cars, it pretty much covers it all.

If you noticed you couldn't find a tribe about a subject yet, then you can always create your own tribe.
I figured this is pretty neat, and some of you might be interested in it!

Edited by PhantomDot1, 01 January 2017 - 04:48 PM.

Posted Image

#2 NameNo1Chose

NameNo1Chose
  • DG| 1st Lieutenant |1LT
  • 1,153 posts
  • LocationDallas, Tx
  • Games:Battlefield 3, Black Ops 2, Call of Duty 4, L4D 2, League of Legends, Minecraft

Posted 12 January 2017 - 08:23 PM

POPULAR

I've never been a big car guy myself but anytime I find a good source for information, i'm on board. Thank you for the info. I might check it out in the future and look up what people think of that old beatup truck I used to drive around.

Posted Image

#3 PhantomDot1

PhantomDot1
  • DG| 2nd Lieutenant |2LT
  • 1,637 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 15 January 2017 - 04:37 PM

I've never been a big car guy myself but anytime I find a good source for information, i'm on board. Thank you for the info. I might check it out in the future and look up what people think of that old beatup truck I used to drive around.

I'm sure there is a tribe of old beatup truck lovers :)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-N9005 met Tapatalk
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

')
Change Theme!