•  
  • Start New Topic
  • Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Google Log In with Steam      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Photo

Suggestion Box

• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

#61 Railer

Railer
  • DG| Sergeant Major |SGM
  • 645 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA
  • Company:2nd Company
  • Platoon:2nd Platoon
  • Games:Battlefield 3

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:33 PM

Two suggestions:

1. For the rcon password thing, why not just paste up the encrypted portion and share a token among the admins?
2. Would it be possible to hide pictures in the reply quote? Sometimes those can get really long and don't even know if this is possible.

I'm not aware yet of who does the programming for the site but I would have to say I think they are doing a tremendous job and everything looks and works great!

#62 Wotsy

Wotsy
  • Banned
  • 727 posts
  • LocationBelgium
  • Games:Battlefield 3, Call of Duty 4, L4D 2, League of Legends

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:59 AM

I suggest a customizable toolbar or adding a messenger button next to member or something. I think it would become in handy when there is a Messenger button next to Members in the toolbar thingy.

There's so many things that I want to say
But there's too many things still in the way
I'm lost- please help me find my place

Posted ImagePosted Image
“In war, soldiers sometimes die in the fever pitch of a fire fight, or by artillery when they’re huddled in a foxhole.
Bill Kiehn, a Toccoa man, was killed because he was carrying a sack of potatoes from one building into another.”
- Webster

#63 Paztor

Paztor
  • Users
  • 105 posts
  • LocationMarathon NY

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:22 PM

I don't know if there are any legal problems with this. But how about a hall of shame? A forum section for banned members. When a hacker is caught within our ranks we do want to know about it. I like knowing that our officers take hacking seriously and stick to the other high standards the clan has set. This stance and our high standards is why I wanted to be a member of deadly gamers. Knowing the truth also keeps rumors and misinformation from spreading around. I know it's painful and heart breaking to be deceived by a clan brother or sister, but perhaps knowing that the entire clan will know about your dirty little secret if you get caught hacking or are thinking about trying a hack will be motivation not to.

Maybe it's a terrible idea, but there are pros and cons. What do our leaders think?
Live life like you mean it

#64 Caboose

Caboose
  • DG| Founder |FDR
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationAntigonish, Nova Scotia, Canada
  • Jobs:Everything
  • Nickname:Moose
  • Games:Path of Exile, None

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:33 PM

When hackers are believed to be in the ranks of DG trust me there is ALOT of deliberation going on between us officers especially the generals. Sometimes it takes days before we have enough ground evidence to accuse someone, at which point we confront them and make a final decision after that. On some occasions the member caught is a somewhat high rank or a respected member, however we are still left with no choice, i think it would be best if that was left to a certain point confidential. People will realize that said member is no longer with us but i dont think making it public as to why should be something required, i respect your suggestion paztor and i understand what you mean i just dont think its a good idea at the moment.

#65 Demagolka

Demagolka
  • Users
  • 2,614 posts
  • LocationMissouri
  • Nickname:Spammy Spammerson

Posted 12 March 2012 - 03:24 AM

I can't speak for the others, but I always have a sad little laugh when I go to other clans' sites, and see the "X dirty hackers banned from our servers" widget. I view that sort of like a bar having a "X drunk idiots thrown out" sign on their wall. Our admins are not there to clean the gaming scene up, they are to keep our servers (and group) clean.
As for posting which members are caught hacking: I think that would cause entirely too much drama. The leaders typically try to keep their dealings with members accused of hacking very professional, from the point of accusation up to the point of posting a message about it (if they even post a message). Despite this there is usually lots of talk flying around...often blowing things way out of proportion. If we took the stand "ah-ha, we busted your dirty ass" then I think it would be far worse. Maybe that is what you were looking for, I don't know.

Posted Image

#66 Brklyn

Brklyn
  • DG| Founder |FDR
  • 3,671 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:44 AM

Caboose

When hackers are believed to be in the ranks of DG trust me there is ALOT of deliberation going on between us officers especially the generals. Sometimes it takes days before we have enough ground evidence to accuse someone, at which point we confront them and make a final decision after that. On some occasions the member caught is a somewhat high rank or a respected member, however we are still left with no choice, i think it would be best if that was left to a certain point confidential. People will realize that said member is no longer with us but I don’t think making it public as to why should be something required, i respect your suggestion paztor and i understand what you mean i just dont think its a good idea at the moment.

I can't speak for the others, but I always have a sad little laugh when I go to other clans' sites, and see the "X dirty hackers banned from our servers" widget. I view that sort of like a bar having a "X drunk idiots thrown out" sign on their wall. Our admins are not there to clean the gaming scene up, they are to keep our servers (and group) clean.
As for posting which members are caught hacking: I think that would cause entirely too much drama. The leaders typically try to keep their dealings with members accused of hacking very professional, from the point of accusation up to the point of posting a message about it (if they even post a message). Despite this there is usually lots of talk flying around...often blowing things way out of proportion. If we took the stand "ah-ha, we busted your dirty ass" then I think it would be far worse. Maybe that is what you were looking for, I don't know.

Well said Caboose and Demagolka

We taking hacking very serious within our ranks. Like Demagolka and Caboose stated above. There times when it take us days and sometime weeks before we have 100% proof that a member was hacking. Once we have the proof, we confront every signal one that has been caught and ask them to explain why. Most of the time they will admit that they did and they are sorry for it, but we still remove them from DG no matter what their rank is.

We don’t get joy by catching a member that was hacking within our clan. I kind of feel bad for them for making a stupid mistakes by using hacks and them thinking we won’t catch them. We are not all perfect in this world and we all make stupid mistake in life which we learn from it hopefully. There will always be talks when a members is removed that start to fly around and they get blown out of proportion, that when I hope any member will come to any of the higher rank officer or a founder to ask what happen, or if we see it getting out of control we will make a post about it. We don’t have anything to hide from our members and we will never do so. Bottom line is, if you are caught you are removed.

I do understand 100% what you are saying Paztor but at this time, I don’t think it’s a good idea this time.

#67 Paztor

Paztor
  • Users
  • 105 posts
  • LocationMarathon NY

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:23 PM

Thanks guys: I think I understand. About the only creditable benefit would be to keep the rumors and misinformation in check. But the negative aspects and drama it could create probably outweigh any benefit. I know you guys are on top of things and take our clans reputation very seriously. That's good enough for me.
Live life like you mean it

#68 TohoSensei

TohoSensei

TohoSensei

• DG| Colonel |COL
  • 4,308 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 17 March 2012 - 06:55 PM

New suggestion I'm currently thinking:

Add video clips of FPS games for the DG banner on the main forums page (If it's possible)

like have video clips of some games and still have the DG banner up

Edited by Tohoshinki, 17 March 2012 - 06:56 PM.

Animation.gif

Warriors are born from loyalty, love of neighbor and country, and a desire to protect and safeguard. Their actions are precise, principled, determined, and committed to act selflessly for the benefit of others.

#69 Demagolka

Demagolka
  • Users
  • 2,614 posts
  • LocationMissouri
  • Nickname:Spammy Spammerson

Posted 17 March 2012 - 07:08 PM

That would be insanely cool, but an unbelievable pain in the ass for anybody that doesn't have very fast internet.

Posted Image

#70 Mido

Mido
  • Users
  • 3,294 posts
  • LocationCairo, Egypt
  • Nickname:BaWs JuNioR

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:49 AM

but an unbelievable pain in the ass for anybody that doesn't have very fast internet.

That would be me :P

#71 Foreverknight

Foreverknight
  • DG| Staff Sergeant |SSG
  • 927 posts
  • LocationArizona
  • Company:1st Company
  • Platoon:1st Platoon
  • Games:Ghosts, League of Legends, Starcraft 2, None

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:27 AM

An idea of making the mobile site more like the normal site.
Posted Image

#72 Nestor

Nestor

Jamal

• DG| Major General |MG
  • 1,595 posts

Steam Profile

• Nestor - Offline
    Since: Nov 12 2017 04:15 AM
    29.7 hrs last 2 weeks.
    Add Friend

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:20 AM

An idea of making the mobile site more like the normal site.

Yea I gotta agree with have something like the normal website for moblie.

Is it something that is possible?

Edited by Nightmare, 12 April 2012 - 02:21 AM.

Gazing up into darkness I saw myself as a creature driven and derided by vanity; and my eyes burned with anguish and anger

yJTIx.jpg     pEY6HS7.gif

#73 TohoSensei

TohoSensei

TohoSensei

• DG| Colonel |COL
  • 4,308 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:22 PM

Android yes but iOS maybe

Animation.gif

Warriors are born from loyalty, love of neighbor and country, and a desire to protect and safeguard. Their actions are precise, principled, determined, and committed to act selflessly for the benefit of others.

#74 screaming_blur

screaming_blur
  • Banned
  • 501 posts
  • Locationgosport (hampshire, UK)
  • Games:L4D 2, League of Legends

Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:02 PM

POPULAR

Would it be possible to have a tagging system where as I could say write a post about someone and tag them in it they would then get a notification saying that they had been tagged in a post and a link to the post, like on Facebook. Would this be viable?

#75 Foreverknight

Foreverknight
  • 927 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:54 PM

Would it be possible to have a tagging system where as I could say write a post about someone and tag them in it they would then get a notification saying that they had been tagged in a post and a link to the post, like on Facebook. Would this be viable?

I was just thinking that lmao
Posted Image

#76 screaming_blur

screaming_blur
  • Banned
  • 501 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:39 PM

I was just thinking that lmao

Would make it very easy :)

#77 Wotsy

Wotsy
  • Banned
  • 727 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:31 AM

Good idea that is

There's so many things that I want to say
But there's too many things still in the way
I'm lost- please help me find my place

Posted ImagePosted Image
“In war, soldiers sometimes die in the fever pitch of a fire fight, or by artillery when they’re huddled in a foxhole.
Bill Kiehn, a Toccoa man, was killed because he was carrying a sack of potatoes from one building into another.”
- Webster

#78 screaming_blur

screaming_blur
  • Banned
  • 501 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:45 PM

Good idea that is

Tis cos I iz smart an com up wid all de good ideaz bruv ;)

#79 HighDefenition

HighDefenition
  • Users
  • 191 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands
  • Games:Battlefield 3, League of Legends

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:14 PM

Deadly Gaming android app? For viewing the forums on your phone. The site that I get now is so ugly, and so simple :rolleyes:
Posted Image
Posted Image

#80 Foreverknight

Foreverknight
  • 927 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:35 PM

I think it would be cool to have a IM system so pepole can have faster communication on the forums.
Posted Image

#81 Mido

Mido
  • Users
  • 3,294 posts
  • LocationCairo, Egypt

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:50 PM

POPULAR

I think it would be cool to have a IM system so pepole can have faster communication on the forums.

I am not really sure; but I think the reason we aren't doing that is because it increases the load too much on the website which the companies that host the website doesn't like that much.
+
We have teamspeak so I dunno I don't see the point of IM

#82 Mgizle

Mgizle

U.S. Army Active Duty

• DG| 1st Lieutenant |1LT
  • 1,332 posts
  • LocationGamerville
  • Games:Arma 2, Arma 3, DayZ, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Black Ops 2, Ghosts, Call of Duty 4, Diablo 3, Dota 2, L4D 2, League of Legends, Minecraft, Path of Exile, Red Orchestra 2, Rust, Starcraft 2, None

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:59 PM

i would like if we can have in our account settings and option to what size font and color etc we can set our replies as permanent thing so we dont have to redo it every time we are typing a reply that way we can all have cool looking replies XD

Edited by caboose: Hideous colors
Posted Image

#83 Caboose

Caboose
  • DG| Founder |FDR
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationAntigonish, Nova Scotia, Canada
  • Jobs:Everything
  • Nickname:Moose
  • Games:Path of Exile, None

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:06 PM

POPULAR

hmm is there a way to block colors from certain ranks? thats really hard on the eyez mgizle

#84 Mgizle

Mgizle

U.S. Army Active Duty

• DG| 1st Lieutenant |1LT
  • 1,332 posts
  • LocationGamerville
  • Games:Arma 2, Arma 3, DayZ, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Black Ops 2, Ghosts, Call of Duty 4, Diablo 3, Dota 2, L4D 2, League of Legends, Minecraft, Path of Exile, Red Orchestra 2, Rust, Starcraft 2, None

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:12 PM

lmfao
adjust the brightness of your monitor
should fix it ;)
Spoiler

Posted Image

#85 Mido

Mido
  • Users
  • 3,294 posts
  • LocationCairo, Egypt

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:17 PM

hmm is there a way to block colors from certain ranks?

I lol'd so hard on this one :lol:

#86 Foreverknight

Foreverknight
  • 927 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:30 PM

I am not really sure; but I think the reason we aren't doing that is because it increases the load too much on the website which the companies that host the website doesn't like that much.
+

well i meant as if we werent on TS and stuff and dont wanna comment on a post or make a post or on someone profile so it would be faster and couldnt there be something that makes it so its not up until you click it so it doesnt initially come up.
Posted Image

#87 napsterlove

napsterlove
  • Users
  • 4,465 posts
  • LocationHedgar
  • Nickname:'nappy'

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:08 AM

+

well i meant as if we werent on TS and stuff and dont wanna comment on a post or make a post or on someone profile so it would be faster and couldnt there be something that makes it so its not up until you click it so it doesnt initially come up.

Had that before. The host threatened to take down our site after one month of having it around.
If people want an IRC channel, we can make one. I don't think that we have enough people for an IRC, tough ):
No one uses it because of TS

Posted Image

"Of course. I'll come back to you. Even if you don't promise to wait. I'll return knowing you'll be here."
4D1 or GTFO
preorder now and get the napsterlove bonus map

#88 napsterlove

napsterlove
  • Users
  • 4,465 posts
  • LocationHedgar
  • Nickname:'nappy'

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:09 AM

i would like if we can have in our account settings and option to what size font and color etc we can set our replies as permanent thing so we dont have to redo it every time we are typing a reply that way we can all have cool looking replies XD

Edited by caboose: Hideous colors

That would be rediculous.

Posted Image

"Of course. I'll come back to you. Even if you don't promise to wait. I'll return knowing you'll be here."
4D1 or GTFO
preorder now and get the napsterlove bonus map

#89 TohoSensei

TohoSensei

TohoSensei

• DG| Colonel |COL
  • 4,308 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:48 PM

I suggest somewhere in the forums, or at least on the main index to put clocks for different time zones

Animation.gif

#90 Foreverknight

Foreverknight
  • 927 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:33 AM

I suggest somewhere in the forums, or at least on the main index to put clocks for different time zones

That's sounds good
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

')
Change Theme!